Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Protection Orders FAQ

How can I obtain a Protection From Abuse Order?

To receive an order for Protection From Abuse (PFA) under K.S.A. 60-3101 et seq., you will need to file a PFA petition in the Douglas County District Court Clerk's office. Petitions are available in the self-help box outside the Clerk's office, or at the counter located inside the Clerk's office. There is no fee to file a PFA petition. You will be required to show proof of identification, in the form of a photo ID, so the clerk may notarize your signature.