Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Consumer Protection FAQ

Can the employees of the District Attorney's Office give legal advice?

No, the employees of the District Attorney's Office cannot offer legal advice or act on behalf of individuals. Our office can provide general information and direct you to the appropriate agencies. You may wish to contact a private attorney for additional information. Or, for general information and lawyer referral services, contact the Kansas Bar Association online at, by calling 785-234-5696, or by calling toll-free 1-800-928-3111 for lawyer referral services.

How do I register my telephone number on the Do Not Call List?

  • You can visit or call toll free 1-888-382-1222 from the telephone you would like to register. You are able to register both cell phones and landlines. Once you register your telephone number, telemarketers covered by the Do Not Call Registry have up to 31 days to stop calling you. After 31 days if a telemarketer covered by the Do Not Call Registry continues to call you, you may file a formal complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or with the Kansas Attorney General's Office.

I think that a business has defrauded me. What can I do?

  • First, try and resolve the matter on your own with the business to whom your complaint is against.
  • If you do not receive any results, please contact our office at 785-330-2849 and request a consumer complaint form, or you can also print our form from our website. When submitting a complaint form to our office, we ask you please include any and all documentation you have to help support your claim.