Monday, January 31, 2022
6:30pm to 8:30pm
1006 New Hampshire St., Lawrence
- Administrative Items
- Determine quorum of members, agenda approval
- Approval of December 13 meeting minutes
- Public Comment
- Review of Kansas Food and Farm Council 2021 Evaluations
- Discussion led by Miranda Miller-Klugesherz, Director, Kansas Food Action Network
- State-Wide Food System Priorities
- Consider approval for leadership to submit written support – throughout the 2022 legislative session – for legislative actions that progress the state-wide food system priorities adopted by the FPC on 11.15.21.
- EPA Food Waste Research Grant Opportunity
- Consider approval to submit a Letter of Intent to support KU’s Department of Economics grant application
- Budget Request:
- Consider approving $1,717.00 to send two members of the FoRWaRD (Food Recovery, Waste Reduction, and Diversion) working group to the Food Waste Solutions Summit – May 10-12 in Minneapolis, MN. Balance after requested: $5,083.00.
- Update on Utility-Scale Solar Regulations
- Formal comment submitted by FPC committee on near-final draft regulations, as approved by FPC on 10.18.21
- Retreat Preview: Review of Council Purpose, Goals, and Duties
- Discussion and exercise with Jill Jolicoeur, Assistant to County Administrator
- Member Updates
Next Meeting: February 21, 2021, 1006 New Hampshire and Zoom @ 6:30pm.