BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, KANSAS
Public comment will be taken for each regular agenda item as each item is discussed. Individuals will be limited to one comment per agenda item. Individuals are asked to come to the microphone, sign in, and state their name. Speakers are asked to sign in so that the spelling of names is correct in the minutes of the meeting. Speakers should address all comments/questions to the Commission.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Authorize the Public Works Director to sign an hourly-rate agreement with a not-to-exceed cost of $44,648.00 with BG Consults, to provide engineering services for Project 2017-53, Replacement of Bridge 0900-1043. (Keith Browning);
(c) Authorize the County Chair to execute the Second Addendum to the Landfill Agreement between the City of Lawrence, Douglas County and N.R. Hamm Quarry (Chuck Soules); and
(c) Accounts payable.
(2) Behavioral Health Resources for Douglas County Farmers Presentation (Mallory Meek)
(3) Authorize the Public Works Director to approve Change Order No. 1 to Project 2019-06 to revise specified hot mix asphalt materials, lower the unit costs therefor, and extend the project length approximately 1.5 miles, thereby increasing the contract amount to $1,748,449.00 (Keith Browning)
(4) Discuss LDCFM Training Tower CIP (Sarah Plinsky)
(5) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(6) Committee Reports
(7) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous