BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, KANSAS
Public comment will be taken for each regular agenda item as each item is discussed. Individuals will be limited to one comment per agenda item. Individuals are asked to come to the microphone, sign in, and state their name. Speakers are asked to sign in so that the spelling of names is correct in the minutes of the meeting. Speakers should address all comments/questions to the Commission.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 24, 2019
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Consider approval to execute a contract with Mar Lan Construction for Construction Manager at Risk services for the Behavioral Health Campus Housing Project (Jackie Waggoner);
(c) Review and Approve an Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding between the Kansas Department of Corrections Division of Juvenile Services and Douglas County Kansas for the Youth Advocacy Program. (Pam Weigand)
(d) Consider awarding construction contract for Project No. 2019-20 regarding N 1200 Road/Route 1061 intersection improvements to Hamm, Inc. in the low bid amount of $148,242.78. (Keith Browning);
(e) Consider approval to purchase Snap-Tite pipe culvert liners culvert numbers 20.08N-08.54E and 20.32N-07.90E at a cost of $53,148.16 plus shipping costs for Project 2017-66. (Keith Browning);
(f) Consider approval of the minutes from July 10, 2019; and
(g) Accounts payable.
(2) Discussion on herbicide use at Lone Star Lake for treatment of riprap shore lining and for treatment of Eurasian Watermilfoil (Keith Browning);
(3) Consider approval of a contract with Mar Lan Construction for construction services in the amount of $111,332, and authorizes the Interim County Administrator to approve change orders up to 10% of that amount. Additionally, the Board provides staff direction on modifying our lease terms and accepting offer made by the landlord.(Jackie Waggoner)
(4) Recess into executive session for an update on the current employer-employee negotiations between the County’s administrative staff and representatives of the Local 1596 International Association of Firefighters, pursuant to the employer-employee negotiations exception set forth in K.S.A. 75-4319(b)(3). The justification for the executive session is to keep employer-employee negotiations matters confidential at this time. At the end of the executive session, no action will be taken, and the County Commission will resume its regular meeting in the County Commission Chamber.
(5) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(6) Committee Reports
(7) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous