BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, KANSAS
ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION: Public comment will be taken for each regular agenda item as each item is discussed. Individuals will be limited to one comment per agenda item.
Individuals are asked to come to the microphone, sign in, and state their name. We ask that you sign in so that we can get the spelling of your name correct in the minutes of the meeting. Speakers should address all comments/questions to the Commission.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 2019
4:00 p.m. WORK SESSION
-2020 Budget Overview
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Receive the Public Incentives Review Committee recommendation for the 2018 Annual Report: Economic Development Support & Compliance. Review and accept the report, if appropriate. (Britt Crum-Cano);
(c) Consider authorization to award disaster debris removal contract. (Keith Browning); and
(d) Accounts payable.
(2) Consider approval of a contract with CXNS Health Strategies to provide consultation and technical assistance to Douglas County, LMH Health, and the Behavioral Health Leadership Coalition for a total cost not-to-exceed $115,000 (Bob Tryanski)
(3) Consider approval of an addendum to an existing contract with LMH Health to provide Project Management Services for the development of the Crisis Center on the Douglas County Recovery Campus. Costs are not to exceed $72,000 in 2019 and $126,000 in 2020. (Bob Tryanski)
(4) Consider approval of SP-19-00200, a site plan for construction of a 24,000 square foot manufacturing building, a 240 square foot pedestrian connector structure, and additional parking for expansion of McFarlane Aviation Manufacturing. The property, Lot 1 Block 1 Vinland Airzone 2nd Plat, contains approximately 39.6 acres and is addressed as 684 E 1700 Road. Submitted by Hernly Associates, Inc. for Land and Sky, LC, property owner of record. (Mary Miller is the Planner)
(6) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(7) Committee Reports
(8) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous