BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, KANSAS
ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION: Public comment will be taken for each regular agenda item as each item is discussed. Individuals will be limited to one comment per agenda item.
Individuals are asked to come to the microphone, sign in, and state their name. We ask that you sign in so that we can get the spelling of your name correct in the minutes of the meeting. Speakers should address all comments/questions to the Commission.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2019
4:00 p.m. - WORK SESSION
(1) Lawrence Community Shelter Update (Erika Dvorske)
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Authorize the Interim County Administrator to execute the Order to Bind Coverage with Midwest Employers Casualty for Workers’ Compensation Excess Coverage at a $500,000 retention level for all employees for $86,937 for the period June 15, 2019 through June 14, 2020, with the option to renew for successive one (1) year term in the amount of $86,937 for the period June 15, 2020 through June 14, 2021 (Sarah Plinsky/Julie Clouse);
(c) Authorize the Interim County Administrator to renew the agreement with Tokio Marine HCC for Employee Health Insurance Stop Loss Coverage for the 2019-2020 Plan Year in an amount not to exceed $1,043,755 (Sarah Plinsky);
(d) Review and approve the KDOC Juvenile Services 7th Judicial District Reinvestment Grant (Pam Weigand)
(e) Consider approval of the minutes for May 1 and May 8, 2019; and
(f) Accounts payable
(2) Authorization to solicit bids for construction of Project No. 2019-20 improvements to the N 1200 Road/Route 1061 intersection. (Keith Browning)
(3) Approve a contractual service agreement with Little Government Relations (Jill Jolicoeur)
• Community Corrections Board Advisory Board (1) position open (Social Services)
• Douglas County Food Policy Council (2) positions open (Local food system/Ag Producer)
• JAAA Advisory Council (2) position
• JAAA Board of Directors (1) positions
• Lawrence-Douglas County Advocacy Council on Aging (10) open positions
(5) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(6) Committee Reports
(7) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous