BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF DOUGLAS COUNTY, KANSAS
ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION: Public comment will be taken for each regular agenda item as each item is discussed. Individuals will be limited to one comment per agenda item.
Individuals are asked to come to the microphone, sign in, and state their name. We ask that you sign in so that we can get the spelling of your name correct in the minutes of the meeting. Speakers should address all comments/questions to the Commission.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2019
4:00 p.m. - WORK SESSION
(1) Respite Housing in Douglas County
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
-Proclamation for “National Telecommunicator’s Week” (Rich Barr)
-Approval of the minutes for March 27 and April 3, 2019.
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Review and approve 7th Judicial District Kansas Department of Corrections-Juvenile Services Juvenile Justice Comprehensive Plan Grant Application for FY 2020. (Pam Weigand);
(c) Review and approve the FY2020 Kansas Department of Corrections 7th JD Community Corrections Comprehensive Plan Grant Application (Pam Weigand);
(d) Review and approve the FY2020 Kansas Department of Corrections 7th JD Behavioral Health Grant Application (Pam Weigand):
(e) Review and approve a budget adjustment of Kansas Department of Corrections-Juvenile Services 7th JD FY 2019 grant funds to be used to purchase a vehicle for CJS- Youth Programs (Pam Weigand);
(f) Approve an agreement with Cordico Inc. for the First Responder Assistance Application (Ken McGovern);
(g) Consider approving Douglas County’s participation in the Outreach, Prevention and Early Intervention Services Program with a funding match of $225,000 (Dan Partridge); and
(h) Accounts payable
(2) Update on South Lawrence Trafficwday-West Leg (Aaron Frits, KDOT) – Information only. No action taken.
(3) public hearing and consider approval of a vacation of a portion of public road right-of-way (Sandyland Subdivision) (Kevin Sontag)
(4) Consider approval of a Conditional Use Permit (CUP-19-00013) for a 3,510 sq. ft. equipment storage building for Kanwaka Township, located on approximately 2.54 acres at 1707 E 550 Rd (also known as 548 N 1700 Rd). Submitted by Kevin Sontag, Douglas County Public Works, on behalf of Kanwaka Township, property owner of record. (Mary Miller is the Planner)
(5) Douglas County E-Community Update (Jill Jolicoeur) -Information only. No action to be taken.
(6) Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce Annual Update (Jeannette Blackmar) - Information only. No action taken.
• Community Corrections Board Advisory Board (1) position open (Social Services)
• Douglas County Food Policy Council (2) positions open (Local food system/Ag Producer)
• Douglas County Heritage Conservation Council (2) positions (Lawyer/Architect) 05/31/19
• JAAA Advisory Council (1) position
• JAAA Board of Directors (2) positions
• Lawrence-Douglas County Advocacy Council on Aging (10) open positions
(8) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(9) Committee Reports
(10) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous