WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20, 2019
4:00 p.m. - WORK SESSION
(1) 2020 Budget Preparations (Sarah Plinsky/Jill Jolicoeur)
5:30 p.m. BUSINESS MEETING
-Consider approval of the minutes for March 6 and March 13, 2019.
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders;
(b) Consider approval of bids for noxious weed herbicides (Keith Browning)
(c) Consider approval to waive the formal bidding process and authorize staff to utilize the Houston-Galveston Area Council contract for the purchase of two ambulances from American Emergency Vehicles for a total purchase price of $579,854. (Shaun Coffey); and
(d) Accounts payable.
(2) Authorize the Interim County Administrator to enter into lease negotiations for 1006 New Hampshire (Sarah Plinsky)
(3) Consider approval of an Agritourism Tier 1 application for Winter Schoolhouse (Tonya Voigt)
(4) Consider approval of a Temporary Business Permit for a temporary asphalt plant for Bettis Asphalt (Tonya Voigt)
(5) Consider CUP-18-00570, an amended Conditional Use Permit to reduce the amount of the performance/reclamation bond required for Big Springs Quarry, located at 2 N 1700 Rd, Lecompton. Submitted by Mid-States Ventures LLC, for Mid-States Ventures LLC, Nancy J Hughes, James R Meek, Thomas R Meek, and Bonnie M Nichols, Trustee, property owners of record. (Mary Miller is the Planner)
• Community Corrections Advisory Board (1) positions open (Social Services)
• Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (1) positions open (Commissioner Appt)
• JAAA Advisory Council (1) position
• JAAA Board of Directors (2) positions
• Heritage Conservation Council: (1) position (Architect)
• Lawrence-Douglas County Advocacy Council on Aging (10) open positions
(7) General Public Comment
General Public Comment will be at the end of each meeting with a limit of one comment per person and keep their comments brief. Individuals may not give unused time to other speakers. As a general practice, the Commission will not discuss/debate these items, nor will the Commission make decisions on items presented during this time, rather they will refer the items to staff for follow up, if necessary.
(8) Committee Reports
(9) Commissioner and/or Administrator Miscellaneous