- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consider approval of minutes of May 12, June 2, July 2, and July 7, 2003
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders
(b) Approve 2004 Phase Delineation Chart (Marion Johnson)
(2) Consider resolution establishing joint Economic Board (formalizing legal basis for existing economic board) (Lynn Parman)
(3) Discussion and prioritization of issues to be addressed over the next year
(4) Other Business
(a) Consider approval of Accounts Payable (if necessary)
(d) Public Comment
Johnson called meeting to order at 9:02 A.M. on Monday, September 8, 2003, with Johnson & Jones present. McElhaney was absent. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Jones moved approval of the minutes of May 12, June 2, July 2, and July 7, 2003. Johnson seconded and the motion carried.
CONSENT AGENDA 09-08-03
Jones moved approval of the following Consent Agenda:
- Approve Commissioners Order Nos. 5159, 5160 and 5161. Orders are on file in the office of the County Clerk;
- Note receipt of fee reports for the month of July; and
- Approve the 2004 Phase Delineation Chart.
Motion was seconded by Johnson and carried.
RESOLUTIONS & MISCELLANEOUS 09-08-03
The Board considered approval of a joint Ordinance of the City of Lawrence/Resolution of Douglas County, Kansas establishing the City and County Economic Development Board and establishing procedures for the governance of the Board. Jim Martin, Co-Chair of the Lawrence-Douglas County Economic Development Board, conducted a brief presentation. Jones questioned the formalization of the existing structure. He requested that the Board look at possible structural changes over the next six (6) months. Jones then made a motion to approve Resolution No. 03-22 establishing the City and County Economic Development Board and establishing procedures for the governance of the Board and directed the Board to take a look at the structure, authority, function and membership and return to the County Commission in six (6) months with a report and recommendations. Johnson seconded and the motion carried.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE 09-08-03
Jones moved approval of accounts payable in the amounts of $127,845.97 to be paid 9/2/03 and $77,908.91 to be paid 9/8/03; accounts payable manual checks in the amount of $766.00; payroll in the amount of $557,220.72; and electronic funds transfers in the amounts of $41,016.04 for FICA and $31,911.72 for KPERS. Johnson seconded and the motion carried.
Jones moved for adjournment. Johnson seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
Bob Johnson, Chairman Charles Jones, Member
Patty Jaimes, County Clerk