- Pledge of Allegiance
(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders
(b) Finding of the County Commission determining that the requested annexation of approximately two (2) acres of land located at 1588 N 1400 Road will not hinder or prevent the proper growth and development of the area or that of any other incorporated city located within Douglas County, as provided by K.S.A. 15-520c. (Dave Corliss)
(2) Consider approval of FY2004 Community Corrections Plan (Ron Stegall)
(3) Review and approve Juvenile Justice Authority Grant Funding Applications for the 7th Judicial District (Pam Weigand)
(4) Consideration of projects for inclusion into the Capital Improvement Program (Keith Browning)
(5) Other Business
(a) Consider approval of Accounts Payable (if necessary)
(d) Public Comment
Chairman Johnson called the meeting to order at 9:03 A.M. on Monday, April 28, 2003. All members were present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
CONSENT AGENDA 04-28-03
Jones moved approval of the following Consent Agenda:
- Approve Commissioners Order Nos. 5134 and 5135. Orders are on file in the office of the County Clerk; and
- Find and determine that the requested annexation of approximately two (2) acres of land located at 1588 N 1400 Road will not hinder or prevent the property growth and development of the area or that of any other incorporated city located within Douglas County, all as provided by K.S.A. 15-520c.
Motion was seconded by McElhaney and carried unanimously.
COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS & GRANTS 04-28-03
Ron Stegall, Director of Community Corrections, presented the FY2004 Community Corrections Plan. Jones made a motion to approve the Community Corrections Act Agencies Application for FY2004 Grant funds; McElhaney seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
YOUTH SERVICES & GRANTS 04-28-03
Pam Weigand, Director of Youth Services, presented the 7th Judicial District Juvenile Justice Authority Funding Application for FY2004. Jones moved approval of the grant funding application for the 7th Judicial District Juvenile Justice Authority Funding for FY2004; McElhaney seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
BUDGET, MISCELLANEOUS & PUBLIC WORKS 04-28-03
The Board discussed additional projects for the Capital Improvement Program. Keith Browning, Director of Public Works/County Engineer, and Pam Madl, Director of Administrative Services, were present for the discussion. Browning presented a list of additional projects to be included in the CIP in order that progress can be initiated in the near future. It was the consensus of the Board to add the following projects to the CIP:
- Route 1055 Bridge at Gun Club (9.24N-16.00E)
- Route 1029 Bridge over Kansas R. (Redeck)
- Route 1057 resurf., 442 to K10
- Route 442 mill, O'L, paved shoulders from 1029 to Hwy 40
- Route 438 (Kasold) bridge over KTA
- Route 442 bridge @ Captain Creek.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE 04-28-03
Jones moved approval of accounts payable in the amount of $153,295.19 to be paid 4/28/03. Motion was seconded by McElhaney and carried unanimously.
Johnson moved for adjournment. McElhaney seconded and the motion carried.
Bob Johnson, Chairman Jere McElhaney, Member
Patty Jaimes, County Clerk Charles Jones, Member