(1) (a) Consider approval of Commission Orders
(b) Consider approval of Sanitary Sewer Easement - South Lawrence Trafficway (Michael Kelly)
(2) Work session with Douglas County legislative delegation to discuss upcoming legislative session
(3) Consider approval of resolution authorizing Douglas County to be listed as a named party in legal action by the Kansas Association of Counties with respect to demand transfer payment reductions recently made by Governor Graves
(4) Discussion of parking issues around the courthouse
(5) Other Business
(a) Consider approval of Accounts Payable (if necessary)
(d) Public Comment
Chairman McElhaney called the meeting to order at 9:05 A.M. on Monday, December 9, 2002. All members were present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
CONSENT AGENDA 12-09-02
Jones moved approval of the following Consent Agenda:
- Approve Commissioners Order Nos. 5078 and 5079. Orders are on file in the office of the County Clerk; and
- Authorize the Chair to affix his signature to Department of the Army Easement for Pipeline Right-of-Way Located on Clinton Lake, Douglas County, Kansas.
Johnson seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
RESOLUTIONS & BUDGET 12-09-02
The Board discussed the possibility of adopting a resolution authorizing Douglas County to be listed as a named party in legal action by the Kansas Association of Counties with respect to demand transfer payment reductions recently made by Governor Graves. Craig Weinaug, County Administrator, recommended that Douglas County not participate. Johnson made a motion that Douglas County not participate in the legal action by the Kansas Association of Counties. Motion was seconded by Jones and carried unanimously.
The Board conducted a work session with the Douglas County legislative delegation to discuss the upcoming legislative session. No action was taken.
The Board discussed a proposal received from Walker Parking Consultants to conduct a parking study. It was the consensus of the Board that this is the wrong time for this expenditure. However, the parking in the lot directly east of the Judicial & Law Enforcement Center needs to be addressed. Jones will appoint a committee to make recommendations.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE 12-09-02
Jones moved approval of accounts payable in the amount of $102,371.70 to be paid 12/9/02 and accounts payable manual checks in the amounts of $3,044.16 and $500.00. Johnson seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
McElhaney moved for adjournment. Jones seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
Jere McElhaney, Chairman Bob Johnson, Member
Patty Jaimes, County Clerk Charles Jones, Member