Chairman McElhaney called the meeting to order at 6:40 P.M., on Wednesday, May 8, 2002. All members were present. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Jones made a motion to approve the minutes of December 3, 2001; seconded by Johnson and carried unanimously.
McElhaney read a Proclamation proclaiming the week of May 12-19, 2002, as "Historic Preservation Week" in Douglas County, Kansas. Jones made a motion to approve the Proclamation as read; Johnson seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
McElhaney read a Proclamation in memory of John H. Vogel. Jones moved approval of the Proclamation as read; seconded by Johnson and carried unanimously.
CONSENT AGENDA 05-08-02
Jones made a motion to approve the following Consent Agenda:
- Approve Commissioners Order Nos. 5021, 5022 and 5023. Orders are on file in the office of the County Clerk;
- Authorize Notice to Clinton Township regarding application for a temporary license to sell cereal malt beverages at retail at 1329 E. 800 Road; and
- Note receipt of March fee reports
Johnson seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
The Board considered Item No. 3 of the minutes of the Lawrence-Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Commission dated April 24, 2002. This item is PF- 03-04-02: Final plat of Hidden Hill Addition, a Replat of Lots 7, 8 and 9 of Long Shadows Subdivision. This is a three-lot, county residential subdivision containing 14.065 acres. The property is generally described as being located at the northeast corner of E 1264 Road and N 935 Road. Submitted by Landplan Engineering, P.A., for Jack L. and Janet M. Stokes and Katherine A. Manda, property owners of record. Mark Wilson, staff member of the Lawrence-Douglas County Metropolitan Planning Department, presented the item. This item comes to the Board with a unanimous recommendation for acceptance of easements, subject to the following conditions:
1. The Final Plat must provide a demarcation line where the lot width equals 100' (at this point the building setback can be measured).
2. The Final Plat must provide certification that all taxes and special assessments have been paid.
3. Applicant must provide assurance that no utilities are located within the 10' utility easement that will be vacated between Lots 7 and 8 and Lot 9.
4. Applicant must provide a site certification survey to verify existing structures comply with setback requirements. Failure to provide this certification survey will mean the conditions for approval cannot be met.
5. Note on the face of the plat that states "no access to N 935 Road for Lots 2 & 3."
6. Note on the face of the plat that each residence's utility connections and driveways must access each lot directly from public right-of-way or public utility easements. [This means the existing driveway crossing Lot 3 to serve Lot 2 must be relocated to be wholly contained on Lot 2.]
Jones made a motion that the Final Plat of Hidden Hill Addition be approved, subject to the above conditions; Johnson seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
Johnson moved for adjournment. McElhaney seconded and the motion carried unanimously.
Jere McElhaney, Chairman Bob Johnson, Member
Patty Jaimes, County Clerk Charles Jones, Member