Upon Adoption of the Douglas County Food System Plan in summer 2017, the Food Policy Council established a new set of priorities that target several of the policy action items listed within the plan. (The Plan is organized by Goal --> Objective --> Policy Action Item.) The Council reassesses these priorities at each retreat. Learn more below and reach out to us if you're interested in engaging with us or have a question!
Some current Council priorities include:
- Enabling agricultural economic development
- Engaging priority voices in food systems work
- Expanding food recovery throughout Douglas County
- Reducing transportation barriers to accessing wholesome foods
- Committing to elevating the impacts of racial injustice in the food system