Upon adoption of the Douglas County Food System Plan in summer 2017, the Food Policy Council established a new set of priorities that target several of the policy action items listed within the plan. (The Plan is organized by Goal --> Objective --> Policy Action Item.) Learn more below and reach out to us if you're interested in engaging with us or have a question!
Current and upcoming opportunities for the Food Policy Council include:
- Food recovery for increased food security and reduced food waste
- Examining internal Council functions for equity and inclusion
- Agricultural economic development and aspiring farmer training
- Climate impacts and action opportunities in our food system
- Incorporating agrivoltaics into utility-scale solar regulations
- Compiling progress on the Douglas County Food System Plan and sharing impacts with the community