Trustee Referred Court Debt/Restitution
Court payments may be handled by the Clerk of the District Court or referred to the Court Trustee's office.
- You are being supervised by a Court Services or Community Corrections probation officer and your probation officer sent you to our office for a payment plan;
- The Judge that heard your case sent you to our office for a payment plan;
- You appeared for traffic court and the DA’s office sent you to our office for a payment plan; OR
- You received a letter from our office advising of your court ordered obligations and the need to contact us to make payment arrangements.
If you do not know whether or not your case has been referred to this office please call us at 785-832-5315 to confirm.
Once we receive your case we will establish a payment plan with you. You can avoid having a collection fee assessed if you pay your balance in full within 60 days.
Credit Card Payments: Please note that a service fee of 2.35% of the payment will be assessed on all credit card payments when paid online, by phone, or in person.
- To pay by credit card over the phone, please call our main office at 785-832-5315 between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- To pay by credit card online please go to: paydirect.link2gov.com/DCT-TrusteePublic The online option is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- To pay with cash come to the Court Trustee’s office between 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Payments by Mail:
- To pay by mail with a money order make your money order payable to the District Court Trustee and mail to: District Court Trustee, 111 E 11th Street, Unit 101, Lawrence, KS 66044. You must include the case number you want the payment applied to.
- We no longer accept payment by personal check.
Payments in Person:
- To pay with cash, credit card or money order come to the Court Trustee’s office between 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday. Please note that a service fee of 2.35% of the payment will be assessed on all credit card payment.
Payments by Phone: Please call one of our clerks who can process your credit card over the phone. A service fee of 2.35% of the payment will be assessed.
Are you experiencing a hardship that prevents you from paying trafic fines, fees and/or driver's license reinstatement fees?
Kansas law provides the option to petition the court for removal or reduction of traffic fines, fees and driver's license reinstatement fees. Click here for the District Court Fee Waiver Request Form. For more information or instructions from Kansas Legal Services click here.