With the assistance of the Zoning office to confirm that your parcel is buildable, these are the typical items we need to obtain a building permit. Depending on the structure (residential, accessory building, shed, swimming pools, etc.), some items may not be necessary for your specific project:
- Douglas County Health Department approval of Septic System
- Approval of the road access entrance from Township, State or Douglas County Public Works Dept.
- Two copies of Construction Drawings
- A copy of the property recorded deed
- A site plan drawn by a licensed Kansas professional (surveyor, architect, or engineer)
A detailed list of building permit requirements is available at the Zoning & Codes Office at: 3755 E 25th Street, Lawrence, KS 66046 Ph: 785.331.1343 Fax: 785.842/1201