Skip to content Skip to navigation

I was born in a state other than Kansas; can I request a free copy of my birth certificate because I want to register to vote in Kansas?

Contact the state which holds your birth certificate to make a request for a copy of your birth certificate, but you are generally responsible for the cost of the document. In cases of financial hardship, Douglas County may be able to provide some of the cost (check with our office).  For more information regarding how to obtain copies of your birth certificate and other vital records, please visit: