Skip to content Skip to navigation

I was born in Kansas City, MO in 1978, but I have lived in Baldwin City since 1981. What do I need to do to register to vote?

If registering to vote for the first time, you will need to submit proof of citizenship, regardless of the length of residence in the state. If registered to vote in Kansas prior to January 1, 2013 and still active, you do not need to provide proof of citizenship. There are numerous documents that would satisfy the citizenship document requirement, but if you plan to submit your birth certificate, you would need to contact the state in which your birth certificate record is held, and request/purchase your birth certificate, and then submit the certificate. Visit: for respective information for United States territories' and states' records.