Skip to content Skip to navigation

How do I get an advance (a.k.a. absentee) ballot?

You need to complete an advance ballot request (AV1) for a single election advance ballot. If you are permanently disabled, you should complete the Application for Permanent Advance Voting (AV2), available from the Voter Portal and Research Gateway. You can also find these forms on the Kansas Secretary of State's website. If you are active duty military, or if you are going to be a civilian living overseas, you should complete the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) to receive a UOCAVA (Uniformed and Overseas Citizens) ballot. The application is available from the Federal Voting Assistance Program website.