The Douglas County Clerk serves as the County's Election Officer with the responsibility for the planning and operation of all elections held in the county (as required by Kansas Statutes and Administrative regulations), and maintains all records relating to such elections.
2017 ELECTION CALENDAR
Starting in 2017 there will be NO SPRING ELECTIONS. The elections have been moved to August and November. Below is the new calendar for City/School elections:
- April 11th - Registration books close for USD 497 Mail Ballot Election.
- April 12th - Ballots to be mailed out to voters
- May 2nd - USD 497 Mail Ballot Bond Election
- June 1st - Noon - Filing & Withdrawal Deadline for Candidates at the County Clerks Office KSA 25-21a01, 25-05, 25-21a03
- Deadline for questions to be placed on the Primary Election Ballot.
- June 17th - Deadline to mail UOCAVA Ballots (Primary if required)
- July 11th - Registration books close. KSA 25-2311(a)(4)
- July 12th - Advance Voting by mail begins KSA 25-1122(f), 25-1123(a)
- July 12th - Advance Voting in person begins at the Douglas County Courthouse (This is subject to change)
- July 31st - Advance Voting closes at noon KSA 25-1122(f)
- August 1st - Primary Election (if required) KSA 25-21a01
- August 7th - Primary Canvass KSA25-3104
- Deadline for question to be placed on the General Election Ballot
- September 22nd - Deadline to mail UOCAVA Ballots (General)
- October 17th - Registration books close. KSA 25-2311(a)(5)
- October 18th - Advance Voting by mail begins KSA 25-1122(f), 25-1123(a)
- October 18th - Advance Voting in person begins at the Douglas County Courthouse
- November 6th - Advance Voting closes at noon KSA 25-1122(f)
- November 7th - General Election KSA 25-21a01
REGISTERING TO VOTE
RULES CONCERNING VOTER REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP
This notice covers persons who have applied to register to vote and have not yet provided proof of citizenship. Due to recent court rulings, if you have applied to register to vote at a Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles office or if you have applied to register to vote using the “Federal Form” voter registration application (as opposed to the standard ‘state form’) and have not yet provided proof of citizenship, you are registered to vote for the November 8, 2016, general election. Your name will appear on the poll book for your voting location and you will be given a standard ballot. There is nothing further you need to provide for the November 8, 2016, general election.
If you have questions concerning your eligibility or this notice you may contact the Douglas County Election Office at 785-832-5267 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Secretary of State’s office at (800) 262-8683.
2016 GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS
Ask a Voting and Elections Question