Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


What do I need to get a 60 day permit?

What do I need to get a 60 day permit?

A properly assigned title, proof of insurance, the signature of the purchaser and the current fee are needed to get a 60 day permit. A properly completed transfer of ownership agreement (TR-39A) from the dealership may also be used, along with proof of insurance and the current fee.  For an E-lien record a seller can sign an Electronic Title Sales Agreement (TR-39A) to you.  You can come in with a TR-39A, a copy of the sellers' registration, proof of insurance and your Driver license to purchase a 60-day permit while waiting for the title to be printed.

Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Tax Questions 785-832-5178
Motor Vehicle Questions 785-832-5273