Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


How do I get a Disabled parking Plate/Placard?

How do I get a Disabled parking Plate/Placard?

You will need a Certification of Disability for Disabled Parking Placard and/or Plate, form TR-159, completed and signed by a Healing Arts licensed Professional (doctor). Instructions and information concerning obtaining a disabled parking placard and/or plate are on the form, TR-159. Take or mail this form to the local county treasurer's motor vehicle office to make application for the disabled parking placard and/or plate. You may have up to two (2) disabled parking devices (one license plate and one placard or two placards). There is no fee for the placard(s) or identification (ID) card.

Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Tax Questions 785-832-5178
Motor Vehicle Questions 785-832-5273