Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


How do I change the address on my registration?

To change the address, the vehicle owner may:

  • By e-mail to, include the new and old address along with the plate numbers you would like to change the address on.
  • Appear in person at the County Treasurer's office where you live now
    • Bring the current registration receipt or the license plate number
    • Know the new address that is within that County
    • Sign for the address change
  • By mail to the County Treasurer's office where you live now:
    • Send in a signed TR-212a form, complete with license plate number, VIN , new address, and the signature of registered owner
    • Or, send to the County where you now live, a signed, dated letter with the license plate number, the vehicle year, make and VIN, plus the old address and the new address of the registered owner.

In you live in Douglas County please mail the TR-212a form or signed letter to:

  • Douglas County Treasurer
  • P.O. Box 884
  • Lawrence, KS 66044-0884

Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Tax Questions 785-832-5178
Motor Vehicle Questions 785-832-5273