Address changes to motor vehicle records in Douglas County, Kansas. The registered owner is required to sign for an address change to a motor vehicle record. To change the address, the vehicle owner may:
Change Address for Motor Vehicle Records
Appear in person at the County Treasurer's office where you live now:
- Bring the current registration receipt or the license plate number(s)
- Know the new address that is within that County
- Sign for the address change
By mail to the County Treasurer's office where you live now:
- Send in a signed TR-212a Form complete with license plate number(s), VIN, new address, and the signature of registered owner.
- Or, send to the County where you now live, a signed, dated letter with the license plate number(s), the vehicle year, make and VIN, plus the old address and the new address of the registered owner.
If you live in Douglas County please mail the TR-212a form or signed letter to:
- Douglas County Treasurer
- P.O. Box 884
- Lawrence, Kansas 66044-0884