Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


How can I re-file a document?

Documents can be submitted for re-recording in one of two ways:

  • We will accept the original document for re-recording with new signatures of (the original) signers and a new notary acknowledgement for them; or
  • We will accept the original document with an Affidavit of Document Re-File completed and attached to the instrument as the last page.
  • Should you choose to submit the original document with the affidavit attached please note that the affidavit will be charged as a recordable page.
  • Depending upon the type of document being re-recorded, please add an additional $4.00 or $2.00 to your payment to cover the recording fee for the affidavit page.