Skip to contentSkip to navigation

How do I get an address assigned to a parcel of property?

Addresses are assigned to driveways or entrances to property not to parcels. All residential entrances and a significant number of field entrances in Douglas County have already had addresses assigned. If you intend to obtain a building permit then you will participate in a process that includes assigning an address to your future entrance. If you have any questions you may call the Public Works Department by telephone at 785-832-5293.