911 is for emergencies or things that could become emergencies.
- Is there a threat to life or property?
- Are you or someone else the victim of a crime?
- Do you have a police emergency?
- Do you or someone else have a medical emergency?
- Do you need the fire department?
If the situation seems urgent and has the potential to become dangerous, call 911. Dispatchers will determine whether your call should be handled by 911 or can be transferred to another person or agency. All other calls should be directed the non-emergency numbers.