The same dispatchers who answer the 911 calls also answer the non-emergency calls for service for all law enforcement agencies in Douglas County. When the dispatch center is busy, the dispatchers have to ask non-emergency callers to hold on while they answer the 911 calls. Every effort is made to get back to you as quickly as possible, and your patience and understanding is appreciated.
When I call 911, why do I get asked to hold on?
There are no news items at this time. Please check back.
- How do I contact my local fire department?
- How do I contact police/court for issues such as parking tickets, traffic tickets, city warrants, towed automobiles, accident reports, animal pickup?
- If I call 911, what will they ask me?
- If I call to report a fire, what should I tell the dispatcher?
- What if I call 911 accidentally?