Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Help Center

Please note: The standard instructions and forms contained in this division are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice about your case.  If you choose to represent yourself, you are bound by the same rules and procedures as an attorney.  These forms may be used in this division but other courts in this district have not approved these forms.  Some of these forms have been revised to eliminate the option of modifying the form itself.  This decision was made to protect the integrity of forms presented to the court and will allow the court to know that the forms contain all the required information.  Users may continue to download the forms for completion but modification of the form is not available.


It is very important for you to know that when you sign a court document, you provide information to the court that may help or hurt your case.  Before you sign any court document or get involved with a court case, it is strongly suggested that you talk with a lawyer to make sure you know your rights and all your legal options.  If you choose to represent yourself you must be prepared.  Although these forms have been prepared to help you represent yourself, you should know that certain courts have their own procedures and may not accept every form.

The Kansas Judicial Branch website has an extensive self-help section which includes things you should know when representing yourself, where to get legal help, what court staff may and may not do for you, frequently asked questions and much more.

Information about birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates in Kansas, including amendments and corrections thereto, may be found at the Office of Vital Statistics.

Typical forms filed by pro se (self-represented) litigants in Division III are found below:


Procedures for Filing Limited Actions

Notice to Vacate Premises

Notice to Vacate for Nonpayment of Rent

Civil Cover Sheet

Petition for Eviction (fillable)

Eviction Summons

Answer of Defendant

Journal Entry of Judgment

Journal Entry for Possession

Writ of Restitution for Immediate Possession


Forms for expungement of arrest record, conviction or diversion, along with instructions, may be found at the Kansas Judicial Council.

Name Change

Forms for adult name change, along with instructions, may be found at the Kansas Judicial Council..

Other resources

Douglas County Legal Aid Society

Kansas Legal Services

Kansas Statutes

Department Contacts

Division 3

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
The Honorable B. Kay Huff District Judge 785-832-5230