The District Court Trustee is accepting applications for a full-time clerk. The position carries an assigned traffic/criminal caseload. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Working independently and with an attorney to identify and carry out appropriate collection action
• Answering and making phone calls regarding assigned caseload
• Preparing legal documents and letters
• Establishing payment plans on traffic court days
• Entering data into accounting database
• General office duties (copying, filing, etc)
• Providing back up coverage for front counter phone and receptionist duties
• Special projects as needed
Qualifications: High school education; customer service experience; above-average math skills; efficiency in computer skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook); proofreading skills; attention to detail; excellent communication skills and organizational skills; and ability to multi-task, work independently, and maintain confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications: Applicant interested in long term growth with the office. Spanish speaking a plus.
Open until filled.
Submit resume and three references to:
Mary Elizabeth Diaz
District Court Trustee
111 E 11th Street, Unit 101
Lawrence, KS 66044
via email to email@example.com or fax to 785-838-2408