First, call the police or sheriff's office and make a full report. In most cases, a law enforcement officer will meet with you to obtain important details. The relevant law enforcement agencies then refer the results of their investigations to the District Attorney's Office.
What should I do when a crime happens? How does my case then get to your office for prosecution?
- The District Attorney’s Office and Criminal Justice Services Launch New Douglas County Enhanced Diversion Program (Thu, Feb 4 2021)
- Statement by Suzanne Valdez: Departure from KU Faculty Position (Fri, Jan 29 2021)
- Stalking for Older Adults and How You Can Get Help (Thu, Jan 28 2021)
- Meet Your New District Attorney Suzanne Valdez (Thu, Jan 14 2021)
- Suzanne Valdez's Swearing In Today as District Attorney is Historic (Mon, Jan 11 2021)
- How can I obtain a Protection From Abuse Order?
- How do I get someone to a Mental Health Treatment Facility if he/she is unwilling to go?
- How do I register my telephone number on the Do Not Call List?
- I am getting ready to purchase a car. Do you have any tips?
- I just received a call from a charity. How can I find out if the charity is legitimate?