Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


What are some types of problems the District Attorney's Office will not investigate?

Our office is given statutory authority for investigating consumer fraud. However, the Kansas Consumer Protection Act generally does not authorize our office to act on behalf of consumers who have problems in certain areas:

  • For lemon law problems, contact the Kansas Attorney General's Office online at or by calling toll-free 1-800-432-2310. You may also contact the Better Business Bureau's Auto Line at or by calling 1-800-955-5100.
  • For landlord-tenant difficulties, contact Housing and Credit Counseling, Inc. online at or by calling 785-749-4224.
  • For shoddy-workmanship, business-to-business complaints, contract disputes or other areas, you may wish to contact a private attorney regarding your legal rights. You may contact the Kansas Bar Associations Lawyer Referral Service toll-free at 1-800-928-3111, 785-234-5696 or by visiting
  • For issues relating to insurance, contact the Kansas Insurance Commissioner's Office Consumer Assistance Division online at, by calling toll-free 1-800-432-2484, or by sending an email to