If you are buying a new or used car consumers should know the following tips:
- Never purchase a vehicle on impulse or in response to high pressure sales tactics.
- Have the dealer provide you with prior information on the vehicle, such as, title history and Carfax information.
- Ask the dealership if the vehicle has had any prior damage or mechanical problems.
- Determine the mileage of the vehicle.
- Get all promises in writing. Fully understand all language contained in any financing statements, such as number of payments, insurance, early termination if it is going to be leased, etc.
- Remember, once you purchase the car, it's yours. There is no three-day right to cancel.