A CRB volunteer must be at least 18 years of age, a resident of Douglas County, Kansas, and successfully complete the following screening procedure:
- Complete a CRB Volunteer Application (PDF format) which requests information regarding educational background, employment history, and personal experience with child abuse and neglect, and three references.
- Pass a records check through state child abuse registries and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and national criminal data bases.
- Participate in a personal interview.
- Complete no less than 6 hours of specialized training.
- Individuals successfully passing the screening process are certified as CRB volunteers. Once certified, a volunteer is eligible to be assigned a Board.