Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Paying and Receiving Support

Court Trustee

11 E. 11th Street, Unit 101 | Lawrence, KS 66044

Tel: 785-832-5315 Fax: 785-838-2408 Email us

Child Support image

The Court Trustee Information Form

Pursuant to orders of the Court, it is your responsibility to keep the Court Trustee informed of any changes to your name, social security number, address, and employer including business address. This can be done by filling out the Court Trustee Information Form.  The Court requires that this form be updated within seven (7) days after any change in the party’s name, address, or employer including employer’s business address.  You can find the Court Trustee Information Form here.

How Child Support Relates To Visitation

For information relating to the connection between visitation and the payment of child support (whether child support can be withheld due to lack of visitation or whether visitation can be withheld for failure to pay child support) visit Kansas Legal Services.

Making Child Support and Maintenance Payments


Please make your check or money order payable to "Kansas Payment Center". Do not send cash. Include: your full name, court order number including county identifier ("DG 01 D 123" or "DG 05 DM 123" depending on your case number) and mail it to:

Kansas Payment Center

P.O. Box 758599

Topeka, KS 66675-8599

It is critical you include the "DG" in your case number on your check or money order for proper and timely credit at the Kansas Payment Center.

You can download KPC payment coupons to send with your payment here.  You can find more information on the KPC website here.


For your convenience you may make cash payments in the office of the District Court Trustee or drop off your payment for mailing to the Kansas Payment Center.


You can pay your support online using a debit or credit card or using a direct transfer from a bank account. You only need to sign up once and can schedule a single payment, recurring payments, or payments as far in advance as 60 days. You can cancel or reset a scheduled payment. This service is available 24/7.  A convenience fee in the amount of up to 6% of the transaction will be assessed when using a credit card or debit card to pay your support. No fee is assessed if you pay with an electronic check.  Click here for more information and to register with the KPC.


The KPC has added PayNearMe and MoneyGram as options for paying support. Using PayNearMe, you can pay support at 7-Eleven and Family Dollar stores nationwide. Using MoneyGram, you can make payments at Walmart, CVS/Pharmacy and many other businesses. Click here for more information and store locations.

Department Contacts

Court Trustee

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Mary Elizabeth Diaz District Court Trustee 785-832-5315
John Giele Deputy District Court Trustee - Child Support 785-838-2407
Vera Gannaway Asst. Court Trustee - Child Support 785-838-2406
Karen Taylor Office Manager 785-838-2403
Front Counter Receptionist 785-832-5315
Shelby Davis Paralegal - Child Support 785-838-2404
Jeanice Corbitt Paralegal - Child Support 785-838-2405
Sherry Bernhardt Clerk III - Child Support/Traffic 785-832-5315
Marily Mulingbayan Administrative Assistant - Court Debt/Restitution 785-838-2400
Tamara Bradley Clerk II - Court Debt/Restitution 785-838-2401
Katelynn Tourtillott Part Time Clerk - Court Debt/Restitution 785-838-2414