Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Court Payments

Your payments may be handled by the Clerk of the District Court or by the Court Trustee. How do you know which?

1.    You are being supervised by a Court Services or Community Corrections probation officer and your probation officer sent you to our office for a payment plan; 
2.    The Judge that heard your case sent you to our office for a payment plan;
3.    You appeared for traffic court and the DA’s office sent you to our office for a payment plan; OR
4.    You received a letter from our office advising of your court ordered obligations and the need to contact us to make payment arrangements.

If you do not know whether or not your case has been referred to the Trustee please call us at 785-832-5315 to confirm.

Visit Court Trustee Payments page

Cash payments, checks, money orders, debit card payments or credit card payments (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) can be made in person in the office of the Clerk of the District Court or over the phone (call Court Clerk at 785-832-5256). Transaction fees are assessed with credit card or debit card payments (currently 4% of total transaction). You should reference your case number(s) on any check or money order mailed. You can make on-line payments in traffic cases (see Traffic Cases below) if the balance due is being paid in full.

  • Clerk of District Court
  • Criminal Division
  • 111 E. 11th Street, Unit 5
  • Lawrence KS 66044-2966
  • 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon) and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
  • closed for lunch (12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
  • closed on holidays

If you have a traffic case, you may make payments (credit or debit card or electronic check) online using There is a service fee with any online payment, currently 4% of the costs assessed. For more information, go to . To find your traffic records, you will need to select "Kansas" as your state and "Douglas County District Court" as your court. Online payments are only available for traffic cases and no partial payments are allowed. This service is available 24/7.

If you have any questions about bond refund or restitution checks, please contact the KS Court Payment Center.

Phone: 785-368-7070


Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Douglas A. Hamilton Clerk of the District Court
Amber Ballard Lead Supervisor 785-832-5111
Michael Preut Supervisor 785-832-5255
Evie Schlife Accounting Technician 785-832-5252
Beverly Sigafoose Supervisor/ Juvenile Clerk 785-832-5253
Brian Garton Jury / Probate Clerk 785-832-5213
Cindy Winger Traffic / Small Claims Clerk 785-832-5231
Stephanie Weeks Domestic Clerk / PFA Administrative Assistant 785-832-5227
Jordan Moore Records / Juvenile Clerk 785-832-5141
Brogan Sievers Limited Actions / Liens Clerk 785-832-5257
Madeline Backus Criminal / Expungements Clerk 785-832-5236
Hunter Irby Jury / Adoptions Clerk 785-832-5132
Ariel Morris Marriage Licenses (9am-1pm) 785-330-2874
Debora Pena Civil Clerk 785-832-5228
Felicia Moose Records Clerk (1pm-5pm) 785-832-5271
Appeals 785-832-5111
Jury Service Recording 785-832-5108
Criminal 785-832-5236
Records 785-832-5141
Civil 785-832-5228