Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Will the court provide an attorney for me?

If there is a possibility that you will be sentenced to serve time in jail if convicted, the court may appoint an attorney to represent you if you meet certain guidelines. Applications for appointment of an attorney are available in the court clerk's office, or you can request an attorney at your first appearance.