It is essential to the legal system that all jurors report each day they are told to report and that they be on time. Your absence may delay a trial. If you have an emergency that prevents you from reporting as scheduled, call the court immediately.
What if an unexpected emergency keeps me from coming to the courthouse while I am on jury duty?
- Are jurors allowed to take notes?
- As a juror do I need to bring anything with me?
- Can I defer my jury duty?
- Can I request to be excused from jury service due to financial hardship?
- Can I request to be excused from jury service for medical reasons?
- Can I speak to the judge about my case?
- Can I volunteer for jury service?
- Can my employer fire me for serving on a jury?
- Do I have to appear in court for my traffic citation?
- Do I have to get an attorney for this type of action?