Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


I want to contest my ticket. What do I do?

If you are charged with an infraction, you must appear in court at the time specified on your ticket and request a trial. A trial date will then be set and the officer who issued the ticket will be summoned to testify at the trial. If the officer is unavailable for that date, the State may seek a continuance, and you will be notified of the new date. The case will not automatically be dismissed if the officer does not appear at the trial.