Skip to contentSkip to navigation

I haven't heard anything from the court about my requested deferment or excusal. What do I do?

You will be notified if your request has been granted or denied by email, as well as a letter in the mail. You may contact the Jury Coordinator at or 785-832-5213 if you have not heard from the court within four weeks after making the request. You must report if you have not received a response to your request to be excused or deferred. Failure to report for jury duty can result in your being found in contempt of court.

Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Douglas A. Hamilton Clerk of the District Court
Amber Ballard Supervisor / Jury Manager 785-832-5111
Rachel Lavelle Supervisor 785-832-5255
Evie Schlife Accounting Technician 785-832-5252
Beverly Sigafoose Juvenile Clerk 785-832-5253
Brian Garton Jury Clerk 785-832-5213
Cindy Winger Traffic Clerk 785-832-5231
Emily Krichati Domestic Clerk / Marriage License / PFA Administrative Assistant 785-832-5227
Jordan Moore Records / Juvenile Clerk 785-832-5141
Kassandra Meyer Limited Civil Clerk 785-832-5257
Michael Preut Criminal Clerk 785-832-5236
Stephanie Weeks Major Civil Clerk 785-832-5228
Brenda Hensley-Hughes Probate / Adoptions Clerk 785-832-5132
Rachell Orce Appeals / Small Claims / Liens Clerk 785-832-5254
Jury Service Recording 785-832-5108