Skip to contentSkip to navigation

I have been charged with a misdemeanor traffic offense. Can I reschedule my court date?

Generally, no. If you believe it will cause hardship to appear on the date on your ticket, you may file a written request for continuance with the court at least three days prior to the date you are scheduled to appear.

Our Services

Traffic Tickets

Information about traffic tickets issues in Douglas County, Kansas.

Clerk of the District Court


Information and resources for traffic tickets and diversions.

Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Douglas A. Hamilton Clerk of the District Court
Amber Ballard Supervisor / Jury Manager / Appeals 785-832-5111
Rachel Lavelle Supervisor / Liens 785-832-5255
Evie Schlife Accounting Technician / Probate 785-832-5252
Beverly Sigafoose Juvenile / Adoptions 785-832-5253
Brian Garton Jury Clerk 785-832-5213
Cindy Winger Traffic 785-832-5231
Emily Krichati Domestic / PFA Administrative Assistant 785-832-5227
Jordan Moore Records / Juvenile 785-832-5141
Kassandra Meyer Limited Civil 785-832-5257
Michael Preut Criminal 785-832-5236
Stephanie Weeks Small Claims / Major Civil 785-832-5228
Jury Service Recording 785-832-5108