Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


I am over 70 years-old, do I still have to serve on a jury?

In Douglas County, jurors 70 and over can opt to be permanently excused from Jury Service if they do not wish to serve.  If you receive a Juror Summons and will be over the age of 70 by the time your Jury Service is set to begin, you can request an excusal by either completing your Juror Questionnaire and requesting excusal for age, or by contacting the Jury Coordinator at or by calling 785-832-5213.