Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


How do I get copies of documents in case files, and what are the related fees?

You may fill out a Records Request Form by visiting the Clerk's office in person, or by submitting an Online Records Request Form. To submit your Records Request Form, you can mail it to Clerk of the District Court's Office - Records Dept., 111 E. 11th St., Lawrence, Kansas 66044. You may also fax a records request to 785-832-5258, or you may email your request to Cindy Winger at There is a 24-48 hour turnaround time on most requests for records. The costs of copying and certifying public records by the Clerk of the District Court's office are set forth below:

Costs for Copies & Certification of Public Records
Type of RecordFees
Shipping & Handling (for out-of-County requests)$1.00
Faxed Copies (local)$1.00/page
Faxed Copies (long distance)$2.00/page