Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


How can I get out of jury service?

Kansas Statute Section 43-155 states –”The public policy of this state is declared to be that jury service is the solemn obligation of all qualified citizens, and that excuses from the discharge of this responsibility should be granted by the judges of the courts of this state only for reasons of compelling personal hardship or because requiring service would be contrary to the public welfare, health or safety.”  If you feel that that serving as a juror would be a hardship or is contrary to the public’s welfare, health or safety, you can request excusal only by completing your Juror Questionnaire.  Instructions on how to fill out your questionnaire is located on the Juror Summons paperwork you should have received in the mail.  If you have any questions, please contact the Jury Coordinator at or call 785-832-5213.