Skip to contentSkip to navigation

How can I get a judge to perform my marriage ceremony?

When picking up your license, you will be given a card with the judge's contact information. All arrangements must be made with the judge's assistant. There is a $50 fee for this service. Additional fees apply for ceremonies held off-site, on weekends, or on holidays. For information on acquiring a new marriage license, visit the Getting Married page.

Our Services

Clerk of the District Court

Marriage and Divorce

Marriage licenses, ceremonies, and options for custody and divorce cases.

District Court

The 7th Judicial District of the District Court of Douglas County, Kansas.


Services provided by the 7th Judicial District of the District Court.

Department Contacts

Name Job Title Phone Number Email Address
Douglas A. Hamilton Clerk of the District Court
Amber Ballard Supervisor / Jury Manager / Appeals 785-832-5111
Rachel Lavelle Supervisor / Liens 785-832-5255
Evie Schlife Accounting Technician / Probate 785-832-5252
Beverly Sigafoose Juvenile / Adoptions 785-832-5253
Brian Garton Jury Clerk 785-832-5213
Cindy Winger Traffic 785-832-5231
Emily Krichati Domestic / PFA Administrative Assistant 785-832-5227
Jordan Moore Records / Juvenile 785-832-5141
Kassandra Meyer Limited Civil 785-832-5257
Michael Preut Criminal 785-832-5236
Stephanie Weeks Small Claims / Major Civil 785-832-5228
Jury Service Recording 785-832-5108