Judicial ethics prohibit judges from speaking directly with parties about their cases.
Can I speak to the judge about my case?
The District Court is divided into seven divisions. District judges preside over Divisions 1 through 6, and a pro tem judge presides over the Pro Tem Division. Starting January 11, 2011, cases generally are assigned as follows:
- Division 1: major and limited civil; care and treatment; and probate
- Division 2: criminal; divorce; and protection from abuse/stalking
- Division 3: criminal law; family law; limited actions; care and treatment; and protection from abuse/stalking
- Division 4: criminal; major and limited civil; care and treatment; small claims appeals
- Division 5: criminal; major and limited civil; care and treatment; traffic appeals
- Division 6: criminal; children in need of care; care and treatment; protection from abuse/stalking; adoptions
- Pro Tem Division: criminal first appearances; juvenile offender; child support modification; traffic; and small claims
Clerk of the District Court
Information on establishing, collecting and disbursing child and spousal support.
Child custody options, including parenting plans, visitation and other resources.
Marriage licenses, ceremonies, and options for custody and divorce cases.
Small claims cases for less than $4,000.
Rules and procedures for the District Court.
Services provided by the 7th Judicial District of the District Court.
|Name||Job Title||Phone Number||Email Address|
|Douglas A.||Hamilton||Clerk of the District Courtemail@example.com|
|Amber||Ballard||Supervisor / Jury Manager / Appealsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rachel||Lavelle||Supervisor / Liensemail@example.com|
|Evie||Schlife||Accounting Technician / Probatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Beverly||Sigafoose||Juvenile / Adoptionsemail@example.com|
|Emily||Krichati||Domestic / PFA Administrative Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jordan||Moore||Records / Juvenileemail@example.com|
|Stephanie||Weeks||Small Claims / Major Civilfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jury Service Recording||785-832-5108|