Skip to contentSkip to navigation

Info 211

How Do I...


Military Exemption Forms

Military Exemption Forms.

To be exempt from personal property taxes for military personnel you must meet the requirements and provide the necessary documentation to the Appraisers office. Exemption may be limited to 2 vehicles. All new documentation is required when the orders change. LES is required annually at registration renewal or initial application. For questions or military exemption status verification please contact the Appraisers Office at (785) 832-5292.


  • Full time Active Duty or Active Guard
  • Stationed in Kansas or Kansas is shown as Home of Record on LES
  • If stationed out of Kansas the vehicle(s) must be with the military personnel
  • Military personnel must be shown as the owner of the exempt vehicle
  • RV exemption must be applied for through the Kansas Board of Tax Appeals

Documentation Required:

  • Active orders on the date of registration showing Active Duty or Active Guard
  • Most current LES, full month LES (Leave & Earning Statement) provided annually
  • Completed military affidavit (PDF format)