The Douglas County Treasurer’s Office is asking for your help in minimizing the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on our community and our staff. Beginning Tuesday, March 17, the Treasurer's Office will be closing its west Lawrence satellite office inside Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth Street, until further notice.
Additionally, the Treasurer’s Office will suspend all walk-in or in-person renewals at the Courthouse office, 1100 Massachusetts St., and its south Lawrence satellite office, 2000 W. 31st Street.
This month those with the last name starting with “B” have tags that expire March 31. There are three options for renewal:
- Online at ikan.ks.gov
- Mail to: P.O. Box 884, Lawrence, KS 66044
- Place in the drop box at the Courthouse (in the south parking lot) or 2000 W 31st St. (at the east end of the parking lot).
Renewals will be processed in our office same day. Please do not wait until the last day of the month.
If you have a newly-purchased vehicle you have 60 days from the date of purchase to get it titled. All title work will be done by appointment through QLess, the county’s scheduling software qless.douglascountyks.org
If you recently purchased a new/used vehicle and need a temporary tag, e-mail your title and proof of insurance to email@example.com. This will be processed via e-mail instead of in-person. We will e-mail you the temporary tag and mail the plastic tag bag. The purchase date needs to be within 60 days, or we will be unable to provide a temporary tag.
If you have sold or traded a vehicle in, you can put the plate from the sold vehicle on the new vehicle to serve as your 60 temporary tag.
All real estate or personal property tax payment options:
- Mailed into PO Box 668, Lawrence, KS 66044.
- Placed in the drop box at the Courthouse (in the south parking lot) or at the office at 2000 W 31st. Contact our office at 785-832-5178 for current payoff information.
- Online payments can be made at www.douglascountyks.org.