Housing and Human Services

County Administration

Contact Us

Location: County Courthouse
Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
Email: Email Us
Directory: Administration

Housing and Human Services


Douglas County works closely with community partners and state and local agencies to expand access to supportive housing and respond to the needs of our houseless community members.


Housing Stabilization Collaborative

Housing Stabilization Collaborative

The Housing Stabilization Collaborative (HSC) exists to support community members in accessing and affording sustainable housing through our rental and utility assistance program, landlord engagement best practices, monthly rental availability list, and partnership with local social service agencies. As a collaborative, we work towards reducing and eliminating housing barriers for renters as well as working with local landlords to provide safe and affordable housing.

Go to website
Coalition for Human Services

Coalition for Human Services

Convened by the United Way of Douglas County and the Douglas County Administrator's Office, the CHS is a multisector collective impact coalition that works collaboratively to meet the health and human service needs of Douglas County and to create equitable, trauma informed systems and services that increase access to care. The Coalition meets monthly, and meetings are open to all interested persons. For more information contact Gabi Sprague at gsprague@douglascountyks.org.

Go to website

Lawrence-Douglas County Resource Guide

Need help paying your bills, finding healthcare or transportation, or getting assistance with food, clothing, or shelter?

Go to website
Landlord Tenant Mediation

Help Prevent An Eviction

The Housing Stabilization Collaborative partners with Building Peace, Inc. to offer free mediation services for landlords and tenants. A landlord or tenant can initiate an application.

Fill Out Application
211 United Ways of Kansas Logo

211 - United Way of Kansas

Looking for help with government resources? Get connected. Get answers. Call 2-1-1 for info about Kansas services.

Go to website


Jill Jolicoeur

Assistant County Administrator



Gabi Sprague

Housing and Human Services Program Manager



Jasmine Bates

AmeriCorps Kansas Member