Skip to content Skip to navigation

Candidate Resources FAQ

I want to file for a county-level position, such as Commissioner, Sheriff, Attorney, Clerk, Treasurer, or Register of Deeds. How do I do this?

  1. Fill out a Declaration of Intention form with the Clerk's Office, with appropriate notarization by either the County Clerk or Deputy County Clerk, and file it with the Election Office. Precinct committeepersons can have their form notarized by any public notary.